Advantages and disadvantages of Lonely Planet Guide Morocco - A Book Review

Advantages and disadvantages of Lonely Planet Guide Morocco - A Book Review

If you are traveling as I am, you agree that the travel guides are an essential tool should have. They are very useful in the sense that a huge amount of time and effort has gone into creating them for accurate information. Some of them may be a little too condescending and sometimes confusing.

I learned from experience that it would be a big mistake to cling to their religion that many travelers do, since most of them are often obsolete before they are published. It would be really nice to be able to make the most of these guides, but believe me, it would be best that you learn to use it sparingly and rely on your best judgment. Lonely Planet is an authority when it comes to creating guidebooks.

Take a look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of Morocco Lonely Planet guide. I went to Morocco for a two-week trip to experience the "Red City" and plunge into an adventure of all kinds and I used the Lonely Planet Morocco to help me throughout my travel. I do not know how to speak French or Arabic which made me rely solely on the guide which was great because it contained basic phrases that anyone can use for basic communication like to ask the way.

What's great about the Lonely Planet Morocco is how the chapters are organized and practical information. It also has good information on accommodation and how to get around the place. There are even cards in the guide that I think are pretty basic but they are really useful. I heard some people comment that they find the map confusion rather than good. All I can say is "It worked for me."

Well, there are a couple of things about it that I did not like. First, the Lonely Planet Morocco is extremely heavy it would be a chore to take with you anywhere. I was seriously considering pulling out a few pages, but finished just photocopy the pages I needed. Another thing I do not like is how Lonely Planet devoted a significant number of pages to the history and culture.

Of course, it is interesting and informative, but I do not think it is useful in practice for a road trip. I think people would really benefit if Lonely Planet devoted more pages of information about restaurants in Morocco, activities, attractions, nightlife, relaxation and like that, I'm sure that many tourists are eager to live and get useful information.

I would say that the guide is generally useful even if it has a couple of minor flaws. There is one more thing I want to share what I feel is really important that you are aware of. There are some hotels and hotel in Fez who use their exposure in the guide to peddle their services and enjoy some customers by increasing their prices just because they are listed in Lonely Planet Morocco.

Visit Morocco is one of the travel experiences most memorable I had and even if it is not quite hassle free, it's great! I spent less time lost myself because I had a wonderful tool that has helped me research and make all necessary arrangements a traveler needs in advance. Lonely Planet Morocco is certainly an excellent reference when it comes to travel, exploration and adventure.

Robert and Kimberly Murgatroyd are experts in the field of what is hot in Marrakech hotels, restaurants and nightclubs. If you want to know more about Lonely Planet Morocco Marrakech review visit their Web site where you can get answers to your other questions .......