Sahara and the impact in Dakhla




Sahara and the impact in Dakhla


Throughout the past years the conflict between the Saharan people and the Moroccans has stayed ablaze with their conflicts. In the Sahara which is metaphorically impossible to hear the gospel has been a place where great impact has taken place, people coming to the knowledge Christ through visions and dreams. What has caused all this amazing work that has taken place?

In the city of Dakhla I have had privilege to sit with one young guy who was a soldier for the Saharans and fought against the Moroccans, and talking to him was a little occurred with him because he wasn’t comfortable because of the nervousness of his faith and the experience he has with people, looking at him and seeing the pain of suffering within his face I made him understand that I wasn’t there to conflict but to have a chat. Talking with him he later opened about his faith in Christ and made me astonish, I later wanted to hear more about his experience he had.

I introduce myself and he later introduce himself as Hamza (to leave his real name secret because of the danger he is) Hamza spoke to me with the story of how he came to the faith.

Hamza said: “I was one day sitting under a tree and a man came to me asking what I was doing there sleeping, he later spoke to me saying I’m resting because I need rest as I am looking after the sheep, later on the man said the true rest is with the one who you will spend eternity with, I later looked at him and saying to myself, is this an Imam or a holy man speaking to me, the man told me to go back to my tent where I will find a book waiting for me there. I went back home and found that an “injil” (Bible) was there and began to read it and asked myself how can this be false? As it’s full of love, forgiveness and redemption for all humanity.

Hamza was searching for the truth and found it through Christ and later opened up to me and shared the pain he has gone through as he accepted Christ.

Following Christ is with a price of losing your life. Hamza had to change where he lived as there were people after him because of the decision that he made to follow Christ, even today the chase for his life is there. According to Hamza there are believers in the Sahara today and it through fellowship with another that builds their faith in the situation that they are in.

I had the privilege to sit with Hamza for tea and encouraged him with his faith and prayed alongside with that God will open the doors for the Sahara.

He replied, “Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Jesus Christ.



morocco culture,moroccan food,morocco food,moroccan cuisine,morocco beaches,moroccan meal,beaches in morocco,moroccan culture,hercules cave,hercules cave morocco